A critical factor in choosing windows for new homes and office buildings is the type of window sealing solution they feature. More and more of the windows being fitted use silicone rubber window gaskets.
Windows play a crucial role in terms of the insulation that they provide. They have to protect whoever and whatever is inside from what is outside and proper sealing is key to safeguarding people and equipment against the rain, wind and snow, and changes in temperature.
The demand for window-sealing solutions that guarantee a high level of insulation, and are energy and cost efficient at the same time, is why the popularity of silicone rubber window gaskets is continuing to grow.
Here are 5 reasons why manufacturing and building firms are using silicone rubber window gaskets
- Silicone rubber window gaskets offer superior insulation. They repel water, resist moisture and form watertight seals for window sealing applications. This helps windows to perform better and last longer, and creates a more attractive, cost-efficient product.
- Silicone rubber window gaskets perform consistently at high and low temperatures. The mechanical properties of silicone mean that window gaskets made from this material perform reliably in all weather conditions.
- Silicone rubber window gaskets are highly resistant to UV light and boast excellent long-term resistance to degradation caused by sunlight and oxygen. This translates into windows that have greater durability and a longer lifespan.
- The unique versatility of silicone rubber makes it perfect for bespoke glazing. High-quality window gaskets can be created for complex glazing applications without compromising sealing properties or performance.
- Silicone rubber is easily pigmentable. This means that when it comes to sealing solutions, window gaskets and overall window aesthetics, personal, company and brand colour specifications are simple to apply.
It is straightforward to add silicone rubber window gaskets to your products and portfolio, and better target a fast-growing market segment. The most important step is selecting the right specialist silicone rubber manufacturer.
The silicone rubber manufacturing partner that you choose should be able to meet your specific needs and offer help across the development, design and manufacturing process.
To find out more about silicone rubber window gaskets and related services from Advanced Materials, contact us on +44 (0)1903 713566 or firstname.lastname@example.org.