Food Grade Sponge Manufacturing
FDA approved alternative to traditional silicone sponge
The highly experienced team at Advanced Materials has developed a closed cell silicone Food Grade Sponge (FGS) for specific use in the food and drink, and pharmaceutical industries.
Our FGS Materials:
- meet FDA 21 177.2600 & BfR XV Silicones regulations and EC 1935 2004, making them ideal for use in food processing machinery
- can be extruded as strips, cord and basic profile shapes, offering greater flexibility and versatility to our customers
- can be compressed to make seals, even against liquids or rain. The materials exhibit a low degree of moisture absorption, even after prolonged periods of immersion
- can be pigmented to pale pastel colours
- FGS20 has a standard temperature range of -60°C to +200°C and can be used in a wide variety of applications, for higher heat resistance we can add a heat stabaliser to create HTFGS20 for -60°C to +250°C
- are produced in our factory in Littlehampton, England
- have full traceability, certificate of conformity
A metal detectable version of our FGS product range, which is still FDA compliant, is also available, frequently supplied in Blue for food processing lines.
If you would like to know more about our food grade sponges or any of our silicone rubber extrusions, call us on 01903 713566 or email your requirements to email@example.com.